Thursday, March 12, 2009

UpDaTeS & fUnNy StUfF

Well, as some of you know I am partaking in the Lent proceedings. I have given up chips. It has been a little hard since I am a chipaholic.

"Hi, may name is Jenny & I have a problem! I am a chipaholic!"

I pack my girls' lunch & when I reach for those toasted, cheese flavored, triangular shaped chips, I would really like to just sneak one. No one will see me, but wait! God WILL! I have been doing really good. The other afternoon we had KK's birthday party & I had to twisty tie the chips & they all were yelling for me to eat them. I resisted though. Satan did not win this battle.

My March for Babies Fundraisers are going GREAT! I have sold 4 boxes of chocolates, earning my team $100.00! Then, I had went to Michael's & purchased flower kits for $1.00. Each kit contains a 1 1/2" pot, a little dirt clot & a packet of seeds. I sale them for $2.00 & so far I have made $50.00 to go towards my team!

My BFF, Bridgett, got me a gift certificate to a local gormet shop that we are going to give away as a prize. The game? How many Jelly Bellys are in the baby bottle? & one of my other close friends, Kelli, is going to get me a gift certificate from her niece's shoppe to raffle off. I am just so into this. I am going to do this for the Susan G. Komen. You never know when you are going to need these services.

I have six friends, four cousins, my mom (hopefully my aunt & sister-in-law), all signed up to be a part of my team.

I promised the other day that I would post another funny story about one of my drama queens. Let me tell this one, it's the best by far.

One afternoon, JD, my mom, Andrea, Makaila & myself were walking through Sam's Club. Drea & my mom where in front, KK was in her infant carrier, JD & I were pushing the basket talking. Drea was 5 at the time mind you. All of a sudden I hear her saying something about tator tots. So, I ask her what she is saying, but she replies, "nothing". OK.

We walk a little farther & I hear her, "Pussy & tator tots, pussy & tator tots". So, shocked, I ask her what she is saying, she looks me in the face & asks, "WHAT'S WRONG WITH PUSSY & TATOR TOTS MOM?" as an elderly woman walks past us. Anyone who knows Drea, knows she is not a quiet child. I wanted to crawl under a rock & die. So I tell her it is inappropriate & we will not say the "p" word again.

When I ask my mom why she did not tell her to stop, she says, "I thought if I ignored her she would stop on her own." UMMMM okay, BUT SHE DIDN'T!! Of course mom looks at JD & asks him where she heard that & adds, "What an odd combination."

I was mortified!! What do you think that little old lady told her family when she got home. Just imagine!

That is all for now, more later!



"I assure you, unless your turn from your sins & become as little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven.
Therefore, anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven."
Matthew 18:3-4

No comments: