Thursday, March 12, 2009

JuSt TalKiNG aGAiN......

I do not consider myself a petty person at all. However, lately I have been feeling like people make my situation about themselves without even listening to what I have to say. I have noticed people doing that a lot lately & not just to me. I understand there are people in this world that if the whole world is not revolving around them, they just cannot stand it. It's like I am suppose to wake up one day & my life will be back to the way it was two years ago. Pre baby loss. Well, it isn't & it never will be again.

I was the second oldest of five children, so I was raised to know what "it is not about me" means. Even though I pushed my parents' buttons at times to get attention. But this blog is about me & my feelings & if I am not addressing any one person, don't take offense, it is just not about you.

I may be sad, let me be sad; I may be angry, let me be angry; I may be jealous, let me be jealous; I may just need to get stuff out, let me speak. Don't not talk to me or make it about you, please.

I understand that my son's life stopped & not my own. I know I have to move on, I have to be able to celebrate my life & be happy with what I have got. One thing though, it is not about you & it takes time.

So, next time you are in a group of people listen to what is being said. Think before you speak & observe the whole situation before you make it about yourself.

I am grateful for all of the support I have & do receive. Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me & my little family. I know it is hard on some since they cannot relate to my situation. Just know this is not personally attacking anyone, just venting my feelings again.

God Bless.


1 comment:

Mel said...

Hi, My name is Melissa and I'm a shoe and handbag Addict. We can go to Rehab together!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE you!!

BTW, I got a part time job in the evenings and weekends so that I can begin saving for Alex's college. He's seriously looking at Abilene Christain College as a choice. Which I thin is wonderful. But I need to be able to pay for that as well. so, extra money has to come from some where. So, I'm not sure what my schedule will look like when you come into town, but I will definately get over to see you even if for an hour!! Love you Sis! Mel