Thursday, March 05, 2009

HeArTpRiNtS

This evening was our first night back at The Hope & Healing Place with our Pregnancy & Infant Loss Group (aka Heartprints). It was really nice. There was only one other couple there besides JD & myself. They had lost a baby at 20 weeks & 1 day gestation due to Turner Syndrome just this past January. I hope JD & I have given them a little insight as to what to expect. The wife & I share a lot of the same grief process & it was nice to be able to tell her how I felt during the first months. JD & I actually admitted things we had not even told one another. Like how I had prayed God to make the first 6 months speed by or how JD talks to Nehemiah in our garden when his little windmill gets to spinning.

We only have an hour, but we almost went two. Our therapist had to stop us. It was really nice to be able to finally talk to someone who can actually relate on more levels than just one, losing a child. I am telling you this is truly a God Send. Praise God! There were suppose to be some more couples; however, no one else showed up. I cannot wait until we meet again in two weeks. Maybe JD & I have found us some lifelong friends. Who knows. Praising God!

Usually we stop at Taco Bell after our meetings to eat before we go pick up the girls. Since I have given up chips that is out of the question. Man I was craving a Nacho Bell Grande so bad!! I am glad JD is supporting me in this or I am sure he would have driven right into their parking lot.

I just wanted to give everyone an update to how our session went.

You are Holy God! You are blessing our lives every day & for that we thank You!


1 comment:

Mel said...

Hang in there baby girl! you know I love and support you. :-)