Monday, March 23, 2009

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

When you lose someone dear to you, you grab at things to hold on to that will remind you of that special person. It is no different when losing a baby. Your hospital should give you pictures, footprints, blankets or any other donated items that were used on your little angel.

But, instead of having Polaroids of your infant you can have a photographer volunteer to take pictures of your baby either while the baby is either passing or born still. The program is called "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep". I think it is a really special way to remember your baby. Some people, I am sure, would think it is morbid or cruel, but I think it helps to have something to look at & know that your baby was real & here.

I found a blog of a local photographer who is a part of this wonderful program if you or anyone you know may need this service. Or maybe you are a photographer who would like to volunteer, there is a link you can click on to sign up.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there!

thanks for linking me to your blog!

NILMDTS is a rewarding volunteer opportunity for me. it has really touched my heart.

i should point out, however, that the photographers that are associated with NILMDTS are NOT paid or HIRED. this is strictly volunteer. there are no costs involved for the family.

it really isn't morbid. i've been doing this for a couple of years now and while i feel very emotional, it isn't unnatural and parents should really consider it. it's a very intimate and special way to recognize the life of your child.

thanks for posting this.
chriselda