Sunday, March 08, 2009

Spring Forward

This weekend has been fun. We had Makaila's birthday party yesterday & everyone came. She got a Razor Scooter & a V-tech gaming system. My dad got her John Cena poster that he gave to her on her actual birthday. I will get picture up soon. She is in love with him. I just had fun having all of my family around me, that is my favorite thing. I wish my older brother & his family lived closer, they were the only ones missing.

After everyone left we had to take her to Wal-Mart to exchange one of her movies, Madagascar II. I forgot we already bought it & so I put it on her list of wants. So, she exchanged it for a three disc package for the same price. It has Babe, Cat in the Hat & Beethoven. Pretty good deal I might add. The cashier said, "That will be $21.61 sweetheart", "MOM, he just called me SWEETHEART!!". She just gushed over that for the hole trip home.

It reminds me of a time we went to Andrea's volleyball game. Makaila's hair goes past her butt & I had braided it. Well, she was walking off so JD grabbed it in front of a man watching the game. JD told the man that was what that braid is for & they both laughed, the man looked at KK & told her she is pretty. So, what does she do? Winks at him! He reached out a gently pinched her cheek, so then she blushed & told everyone about how he touched her cheek. It was the funniest thing EVER!

What are we gonna do? Anyone have an extra shotgun lying around?

My children are so dramatic, I guess that is to be expected with girls.

One time Andrea & I had went to a local department store. I was looking for an outfit to get her pictures taken in. Drea likes to go in & out of clothes racks & run off. So, when I had had enough I grabbed her hand & charged up to the counter to make my purchase. Well, Drea starts yelling, "HELP ME, HELP ME, SHE'S BREAKING MY ARM!!" OMGness!!, I wanted to die. One woman gave me that look, like "Do you want me to beat her for you?". When we got in the car I did spank & told her we do not act like that in public. Since then she has done very well when going to the store.

I could go on & on, but I won't. I will try to share one story a week w/you. How about that?



Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverb 22:6

No comments: