Tuesday, March 03, 2009

BiRtHdAy & UpDaTeS!!

Six years ago today, I delivered a 7lb. 3oz. baby girl we named Makaila Jeanine Reyna. She was delivered by EMERGENCY c-section. She came into this world in such a rush & that is how she still lives it. She is very dramatic & very hyperactive. Always going here & there! My dad says she has ADD.

This year we decided to take her to Chuck E. Cheese at her request. What a blast! We spent way to much money & got a small handful of trinkets to remember our fun. My parents went with us too. My poor dad does not feel good, but he let Drea drag him around to every game they have.

Saturday will be her party w/friends & family. We are planning on having a cookout & cupcakes she is designing. I will be sure & add some pictures of that.

To update on my giving up chips for Lent. I have made it a week without chips. Unfortunately I have been craving some nachos from Taco Villa & seeing the girls eating Doritos has had me licking my lips. I can do it though. Remember what I said in my first post regarding Lent not only being a Catholic tradition any more. Any denomination can partake & actually there are many who do already. For me it is something I enjoy & would give up for our Lord. It is nothing compared to what He gave up. I now Jesus loves me & does not judge as we do. I only hope to be more like Him & come closer to Him everyday that I am on this Earth.

This Sunday we did not make it to the church we were invited to attend. The girls & I drove across the road to Washington Avenue Christian Church. We have been there a few times before & really enjoy going there. Maybe this Sunday we can get it in gear & make it to the other church. Please pray for us on this note.

I had forgotten it was Passover & when the ushers brought the little bread & wine (grape juice) the girls were confused by such small morsels. KK thought it was something scary. She put the little wafer like cracker in her mouth, spit it out & shoved it into my mouth. On our ride back home I explained what they had just experienced. When we went on our last vacation of the summer we stopped in Groom, TX to see the Cross Ministries & the girls got see the story of how Jesus was crucified. I have some pictures here.

This Thursday we start back at our Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support Group. The name for our group is "Heartprints".


1 comment:

Mel said...

Happy B-Day KK! Love you sweet pea.