Friday, November 23, 2012

Dear Diary: November 23, 2007

                                                                                         It's snowing!! 
Thanksgiving was a blast. Granny and I cut up stuff and cooked. Daddy and your cousin Alex helped with the fruit salad. Your other cousins and your sisters played. Then everyone started to show up.

It was so nice having everyone together. We have a new cousin Cannon. He is so precious. 


I had written my prayer and read it over and over. I was getting nervous. I stood between Daddy and your uncle Michael for some support. Papa stood behind me. Daddy told everyone I was reading something. I got so nervous I started to panic and cry. I handed it to your dad and said I couldn't do it. He handed it back to me, Michael grabbed my hand and Papa grabbed my shoulders. I took a deep breather and began. My voice kept cracking, but I got through it. Not one dry eye, when I got done, in the room.


Everyone hugged me one at a time. The prayer was not only meant for me and my pain. Your cousin is getting divorced, your great-aunt and great-grandma are having a hard time. Your Granny and Papa are having to celebrate holidays without two of their daughters (a story too long to tell) and probably a few others going through something quietly. 

I love you even though we never met. I will see you again in Heaven and i will hold you in my arms. You are precious to me and your footprints are on my heart. FOREVER!

"If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men. But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since death came through man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive." 1 Corinthians 15:19-22 

No comments: