Sunday, February 01, 2009

I am Blessed this Day

The sun is shining, no one is sick, the girls are playing together nicely (for now) & JD is still asleep. I would say I am truly blessed! The dog even blessed me this morning w/the trash dumped over in the kitchen & poop @ the backdoor.

I got up this morning to read some blogs & discovered that life is short. We need to get together more often, hold each other a little tighter, love everyone unconditionally, make amends w/our enemies, be patient, hold no grudges, be a friend, laugh when we fall, cry when we feel like crying, sing even if we do not sound good, shake hands w/children, smile at a stranger, say hello to people we meet, dance in the rain, play outside till dark, run until our hearts feel like bursting, jump on the bed, read a good book, snuggle w/the one we love, stop to smell the roses, look around instead of down while we walk, pick up trash we see on the ground, drink in the moment......for some of us we only have a moment.

I had a cousin pass away last year after a 2 year battle w/throat cancer. She made her own funeral arrangements; from who would do her service to what music would be sang. Afterward my dad asked if we would rather know when we were going to die or if we would want to die unexpectedly. I am still undecided on this question. I think we should tell everyone now how we feel & that way we will have no regrets, but it would be nice to be able to tell everyone good-bye one last time, I just would not want to suffer. So, my question is, which would you rather choose?
I am heartbroken to learn when a parent outlives their child. And if the child had to suffer an illness before they finally leave is gut wrenching. Some days I am grateful I lost my son the way I did & that my other children are healthy, for I do not think I am a strong enough person to deal w/my child(ren) suffering before they leave.



Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through there resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 1Peter 1:3

No comments: