Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Just Venting

Sometimes I hear something that has nothing to do with me whatsoever & I get so mad I want to comment. But should I really or mind my own business?

I know a girl who complains about her step-children & having to take care of them. Boo hoo!
"Why does my husband have to go get them when they are sick or misbehaving at school?", "Their mom asked us to help out with a medical bill, she gets child support!"....blah blah blah
Children have no choice who their parents are going to be, but you have a choice to have children. So, maybe you should think about it before becoming a parent or step-parent. If the shoe was on the other foot, you would expect the same help. I am not saying let the ex take advantage, but they need to parent the child the way they would have if they were still together, as much as possible.


Or when the new wife/girlfriend complains about the old wife/girlfriend.
"Can you believe she went out this weekend? She went out the last time we had the kids!". You go out when she has the kids, so what?
"She has a new boyfriend, gaw she moves fast!". Ummm, why do you care, you have her leftovers?


What about ungrateful people? I hear women complain that their moms will not watch their children so they can go party, when their mom's have babysat all day while they went to work. Ummmm, did you forget why you had children?"She has had them all day, so what is a few more hours so I can go to happy hour?". Maybe your mom needs happy hour away from your children.
"My mom expects me to pay her for watching her grandchildren." OK? You would have to pay a daycare.

Or what about people who complain because someone else is gone for the day? I hear it all day long.
"Why is so & so off today, they should be here at work?"
When you want a day off, don't you take it?
"They aren't really sick!"
Is it coming out of your paycheck?
"They went to the bathroom like 25 minutes ago & still hasn't came back". So what!, maybe they have the squirts. Go see if they need help!


And women who choose to be a stay-at-home mom....if I could stay home to clean & do volunteer work, I would!
"The baby cried all day!", so my baby cried all night & then I still had to get up & go in to work.
"I never can get anything done, I only did 4 surveys on MySpace today!" Wow!, that's 1 more than yesterday.

"I need a pedicure & manicure because bathing the baby has taken a toll on my skin!". Wear rubber gloves & keep your feet out of their bath water. I have carpal tunnel syndrome from typing all day & I still have to go home to make dinner.

So what if someone else is doing something your not. Like I ask my 5 year old, "Do you have a tale, then why are you talking?" I get frustrated with the world & sometimes I want to give everyone a time out.

We have to live, work & see each other ever day until our demise, so
we all just need to learn to love each other & well, simply get over it!

Thanks for letting me vent, I do feel better!


No comments: