Thursday, February 26, 2009

SpRiNg TiMe?

a Stone from Hobby Lobby
I live in Texas & anyone who lives or has ever lived in Texas knows the weatherman is not to be trusted.

The summer of 2007 we had moved a rose bush from our driveway, that we kept hitting w/our van & my mom gave me one of her rose bushes she had so we could start a little garden in the front yard. Unfortunately they both went into shock & I had to cut them back a lot.

After we lost our son we decided to make it better & add some stuff to it so we could use it as a memorial for Nehemiah.


Nehemiah's Stepping Stone & Statues
When spring time came around there were these tulips coming up in the middle of our yard & JD kept mowing them over. So, mom & I dug the bulbs & added them. Then one day I was walking down the sidewalk & every few steps there were these little purple flowers. So, I dug one up & it had a bulb. I got busy moving them over to the garden as well. Unfortunately they died a few days later.

Not wanting to give up just yet we planted pansies. They grew so beautifully & all of them bloomed, but JD killed them accidentally when he sprayed the yard for weeds.

Then, we tried a purple & white Hyacinth. They bloomed so pretty, but only one time.

Next, we added two little flowering plants, called Impatiens, a handful of sunflower seeds & two mini rose bushes; however, the plants & rose bushes burned up & again JD thought the sunflowers were weeds so he dug them up (we did have 3 of them survive & bloom).

The best part though were the two rose bushes (at the time they were sticks) mom & I moved in the previous summer did bloom one time too!
Well, this winter mom had an idea to add some mulch & water to keep what we had from freezing. I went out side the other day to see some very beautiful sights!! I am adding the pix here.
Miniature Rose Bush
New Growth on the Rose Bush
New Growth on the 2nd Rose Bush
The Purple Hyacinth
Tulip Leaves
The Leaves to the Little Purple Flowers
& my Dianthus
This year we are planning on trying out a vegetable garden. Wish us luck!









I am the true vine, & My Father is the vine dresser. John 15:1

No comments: