Saturday, April 07, 2012

Live Life

Grief is a mysterious thing in that you never know when it will hit. Sometimes right away, sometimes it takes a few days, months, etc. It does not always happen all at once, could last a while or it could be brief.

I have been asked how am I "ok" after my loss or how did I not blame God & I just say because my strength comes from the Lord. However, I have been thinking a lot about different stories that I have heard along my journey & I can honestly say that if my child had had to suffer with an illness or maybe one of my living children passed away without any explanation, what would my faith be like then? However, I pray I never find out.

I personally feel that God did not take us instead of our children for a reason. I am not sure what that reason is & one day hope to find out. I just know that I am not going to lie down & say that my life is over & be a complete wreck all the days of my life. God granted me life & I know that my child would not want to look down at me from Heaven & see a torn, shattered, beaten down woman, who is not taking care of herself & her other children. He would want to see his mother living her life & sharing his memory with all who will listen.

I guess what I am trying to say is, we still have a life to live, so why waste it?

No comments: