Wednesday, April 04, 2012

My Mission, My Responsiblity

As our lives keep going, after a life has been loss, we must be their voice to let people know they were HERE!

As a mother it is my responsibility to keep my precious Nehemiah's memory alive. I know I did not get to share his physical being with those around me, but he was alive inside of me for almost 20 weeks! I felt him growing and kicking and even got to see him wiggling around the sonogram screen on two different occasions. However, I will always remember that day that I saw him laying lifeless on that same screen.

That is why the March of Dimes is so close to my heart. Because there are babies who not even make it that far, who almost make it to 40 weeks and then it is decided they are "Too Precious for Earth" and then there are the babies who are born so early, the have to start out fighting for their lives. We also have those special babies that are born with defects. These children have a fight they must fight for the rest of their lives, however short or long it may be.

Even when our children are born healthy, they are still affected by the March of Dimes in many ways.

Raising money and walking for the March of Dimes' March for Babies is my way of keeping Nehemiah's being alive. It is my mission to help the March of Dimes' fight to prevent such instances. Each baby conceived should have a fighting chance.

Won't you support me in the fight for ALL babies!



No comments: