Thursday, January 23, 2014

Some Kind of Testimony

My post from a few days ago I had stated that I did not really have a testimony to give; however, after this weekend's sermon I do have some kind of testimony!

All my years past of reading my bible and going to church I guess I was just really "going through the motions". I remember every bible story I learned as a child and I love telling them to my children. However, when you get serious about reading your bible you learn there is so much more to those bible stories you hear as a child. 

I have been reading a One Year Bible. When I read it, I am making notes of things to look into further and I am really learning a lot. Going to church regularly is helping me to learn more than I thought I already knew as well. 

My Pastor made the comment that he never did good in school, but when he got into bible college it was a whole other learning experience and he has no problems learning and retaining the information he has learned. I feel I can relate on some level with his statement. I can honestly say this past year I am doing more than "going through the motions". I am more than lukewarm, I am actually on fire for Christ! I am in love with my creator! And I cannot wait to learn more and more...

 

No comments: