Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Let Go and Let God

This past Sunday was emotional...to say the least.

The sermon was on Romans 8:28.
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."

Our Pastor gave us 5 examples in his life where something bad had happened and then what good had come of it. I was thinking back to my worst times and I am so glad that I did not turn my back on God. I know I am only standing because of Him! I do not want to imagine how my life would be right now had I never called on God in my times of despair.

We never want to hear the bad things, we all want roses and beautiful music. Well, tragedy can happen in the blink of an eye. Some people break down and became full of anger and hate towards God and even blame God. When I see them fall I wonder how can they turn their backs on God?

Satan is a liar! He knows what the Bible says and he knows how to trick us with it, too.  But our relationship with God should be a marriage - too solid to let evil come between us. Look back at the Book of Job...God was boasting about Job to Satan and Satan was sure he could turn him against God. But he didn't!

God has broad shoulders, but at some point you are going to have to let go and let God!


No comments: