Friday, January 17, 2014

Jesus Saves

I have went to church for the most part of my life and I have always believed in and had faith in God. I have stood up in front of church congregations declaring my love for Jesus and accepting Him into my heart more times than I can count.

Almost 4 years ago my older brother helped in my search for the "right" church for my whole family. That is when I found the church I attend now. I can honestly say, I love it there! I have built my relationship with God up more than I had in the past and I love learning more and more.

The week of Thanksgiving our Pastor had an "open mike" night, if you want to call it that. People were giving their testimonies of how their relationship with God had changed within the last year or could share anything from within the last year they wished. My husband got up in front of everyone and gave his testimony. He started going with me in September when we started the book of Job. Let me tell you, it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!

I was feeling a little bad because I did not have a testimony to give. I had not strayed away the way those who were giving their testimonies had. I was wondering if I had a real relationship with Christ, was I really saved?

This past week one of my girlfriends had a guest speaker come to her church. He started by telling everyone that he had grown up in church and did not have a testimony to give. He just always had his relationship because it was just a part of his life. When she told me this, I felt like she was supposed to hear this and share with me.

I am not by any means saying I am better than those who have gone through hell and back or been in a bad way before they found God, but I am thankful that I have not had to endure those things in order to have a relationship with God. 

If anyone who is reading this post is in a bad way or going through hell and want to come back or just not sure if you are saved, just remember Jesus saves. He is the only way to heaven and it is not too late to ask for repentance and for Him to come into your heart. 
When you are ready, here is a simple prayer you can say:

Lord Jesus, I am a sinner. But I believe that you died upon the cross for me. That You shed Your precious blood for the forgiveness of my sin. And I believe that on the third day,You rose from the dead, and went to Heaven to prepare a place for me.  I accept You now as my Savior, my Lord, my God, my friend. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus, and set me free from my sin. And, because You are my Savior, Jesus, "I shall not die, but have everlasting life".
Thank you Jesus!



 
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23

No comments: