Tuesday, September 07, 2010

21 Weeks & Another Checkup

We are 21 weeks today & still kicking!

Today I got
to sneeze snot all over myself in the waiting room & overfill my pee cup, that dripped everywhere, & a new vitamin regimen added on & got a note to wear tennis shoes to work & heard a very strong heartbeat & got to ask the doctor to perform a prostate exam on the dear husband since he likes to be difficult at the appointments & got told I have gained back the last 2 pounds of the 10 pounds I had lost earlier on...oh & we got to schedule a sonogram for Monday afternoon! What a day I tell ya!

The new vitamin I get to take is a calcium pill with vitamin D since my bones hurt so bad that sometimes I feel like I need a walker just to walk. I do not like the taste, much less the smell of milk, so I do not drink it. So I have to take my prenatal vitamin with all of its glorious contents in the morning & the calcium pill in the evening before bed.

So, I cannot wait until Monday now to cure my curiosity of whether this little being is in fact a boy or a girl & so I can stop hearing
"when are you having a sonogram" "had a sonogram yet to know what you are having" "have you had a sonogram & you are just keeping it from us" "know when you will get one" etc. I guess it is only down hill from here. I remember getting testy when the farther along you get people start asking "you ready to have that baby yet", "you haven't had that baby yet" "when are you due, you look well over your due date" etc. I am just thankful this time it will be a planned c-section so as soon as we set a date I can tell everyone (hopefully) one time precisely when this little beaner will make the grand entrance into the world.

Until then, thank you Lord for giving me this opportunity to carry & nurture a precious life & please give me patience as I have been a little testy with people lately.


No comments: