Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Capture Your Grief - Day 24

"Siblings"

Andrea was just turning 7 when her baby brother passed away in my womb. I remember we had her 7th Birthday Party all planned out. But I received the bad news two days before her sleepover was planned. We had the option to deliver the next morning, or wait the whole weekend & deliver him on Monday. There was no way I was going to carry around my dead baby while I tried to celebrate my living child's birthday, so we decided to deliver the following morning, October 18, 2007.

Makaila was 4 years old when we discovered her baby brother had passed away in my womb. She did not quite understand what we were talking about since she had not actually gotten to see the baby, she only knew he was growing in my tummy. She kissed my belly every night before bed as soon as we told them we were expecting. She would tell me every time, "The baby says he loves you mama."

We will tell Crispin about his brother one day when he is old enough to understand. I feel Nehemiah picked Crispin out specially just for us.

No comments: