Monday, June 08, 2009

OnE HaRd NoGgiN.....

Please note I did not inflict this pain on my child.

I was going through some old slide shows I had made for my MySpace page & found these hidden in there. Pictures of most graceful child.

The story as it was explained to me:
At the community center she attends, they have a movable puppet stage & well, KK was standing on a stool inside of it with her head sticking out through the stage. She leaned too far & tipped over, her falling face first & the playhouse falling over onto her.

Of course the first thing we do, once getting to the daycare to pick her up, is call the pediatrician's office. The nurse asks a series of questions about vomiting, dilated pupils, the bump coming out or going in, sleepiness, etc. They tell us to go home & keep an eye on her, if she starts running a fever, loses consciousness, starts vomiting, or just not acting herself to bring her in.

Anyone who knows this child knows her head is made of steel. When we picked her up from the daycare she was smiling & content. The director explained she only cried until someone picked her up. YUP! That is my child.

This was not the first (nor the last) time she had slammed her head into something & left a mark, but it is the only time I documented it.

1st day...
Friday, April 13th (of all days).


3rd day (a.m.)

3rd day (p.m.)...

5th day...

6th day...
It took nearly two weeks for her face to fully heal.


No comments: