Saturday, January 01, 2011

New Year 2011!

I hope everyone made it home safe & sound last night after having fun ringing in the New Year. If you do not go out, I hope you had a nice night ringing in the New Year as well.

Each year we go to my parent's house & stuff ourselves full of sugar & dip, then we play games & sing a little karaoke. We watch the last few minutes of Time Square & count down the ball dropping. We scream & holler "Happy New Year!" at midnight, then kiss & hug everyone! Then we toast & have a drink & then my mom walks around passing out black eyed peas. Which my dad always says he is allergic to it & they make his "teeth itch" just to get out of eating one. As old as I am, I am still not too sure whether this is true or not.

This year was no different, except instead of games, we watched wrestling. Some of our family members stayed in this year & rang in the New Year at home, but we still had a blast. Mom made virgin mimosas with orange juice & 7up, it as different, & we used that to toast each other.

But however each of you rang in the New Year, I just pray for peace & blessings to you & yours this year & may you follow your resolutions to a better year!

From my family to yours, Happy New Year!!

No comments: