Monday, August 30, 2010

Broken...

I have worn this little blue/pink rubber bracelet for almost three years. When my husband first gave it to me, I only took it off to shower. Then, I thought "hey this is rubber, leave it on". So I did. I wore it to every function, holiday, party, work, play, lake, pool etc. It was like a part of my arm. It was a remembrance I wore for the little life lost.

One side says "Remembering" & the other side had two tiny foot prints. The little feet rubbed off first. You would not know they were there if I did not tell you. I can still make them out. Tiny toes & all. Then a few weeks ago I noticed that the "B" had a little hole in it. This hole got a bit bigger & bigger, until one I decided I would wear it until it broke off.

Well, wouldn't you know it? I decided to take it off to put it on my bear & it broke! Ugh!
I just stared at the little blue/pink rubber in my hand first & then I cried for a few minutes & then I laughed at myself for getting so upset. Then I started to realize this little piece of me is now broken & can never be put back together....

Broken like my heart has been. A heart that can never be put back together
the same as it was before it was broken. Just a simple reminder that we are breakable.



"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,
A broken & a contrite heart--
These, O God, You will not despise" Psalm 51:17

No comments: