Friday, July 02, 2010

Gender? We Do Not Care...

Sorry, but for everyone out there who has not asked yet, we do not care what the gender of our baby will be as long as we have a healthy, living baby.

I get a little upset when people come up to me and ask me, "are you hoping for your boy this time?" or "do you hope this is your boy?". I mean come on! I have a boy! I do not want to be rude to these people when they ask, but inside I am screaming with pain. Everyone who has asked us so far knows we lost a baby boy, so it is not like some stranger at Wal-Mart is asking.

When my husband was asked if he hopes this one is his boy, my brother-in-law chimed in, "he has a boy, they are just hoping for a healthy baby". I thought it was really cool that he thought of that. I just say it doesn't matter when they ask. One day I just feel like my pregnancy hormones might cause me to explode when someone asks.

My question really is, how should we answer?

No comments: