Sunday, October 04, 2009

The Month of October...

Not only is October Breast Cancer Awareness Month, it is also Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month. In our area they do not make a big deal about PIL as they do Breast Cancer & that makes me want to do something about it. Unfortunately we have not been able to attend any of the Group Grief Sessions as my part-time work schedule is not as flexible as I had hoped, but I plan to get with them to see how or what we can do to promote more.

October 15th is the designated day to remember our babies. Please light a candle starting at 7pm & let it burn for one hour. If we all do this it will produce a continuous wave of light.

We have a few other things planned this month as well, as this month was the month God gave us our little angel. To recap a little: October 17, 2007 was the day we got the most devastating news any parent dreads hearing & we delivered our special angel on October 18, 2007. This year the girls & I are going to donate our hair to the Locks of Love in memory of Nehemiah. We are not too sure what we will be doing on Sunday the 18th, but the four of us will be making it all about Nehemiah. I plan to send a little something in the mail to each person in my family to have as a reminder of this special baby who they never got to meet.



*Somebody

Somebody said
it was all for the best,
that something was probably wrong.


Somebody said
it was meant to be,
Different verse,
same miserable song.


Somebody said,
"You can have another!"
As if that would make it alright.


Somebody said
"It was not a real child."
Somebody's not very bright.


Somebody thinks it is helpful
To say when grieving should end.
Somebody shows their true colors.
Somebody isn't a friend.


But somebody said, "I'm sorry."
And sat quietly by my side.
And somebody shared my sorrow
And held my hand when I cried.


And somebody always listened
And called my lost baby by name.
And somebody understood
That I'd never again be the same.

~Author Unknown

1 comment:

Claudia Melton-Cruz said...

Thanks for the message and I will be thinking about you guys. Hope the job situation looks up VERY soon. I love the "Somebody" poem and I'm going to print it off for group. There is a fellow mom in there that I think it will really touch. Look forward to seeing on the 15th, but certainly wish it were under different circumstances. Lots of hugs to you and your family!