Sunday, April 27, 2014

I Hate Change

When I thought I might be pregnant with my third child I had not been going to the OBGYN regularly, so I had to find someone.

I tried getting into a doctor that all my lady friends recommened to me; however, the receptionist on the telephone advised me that she was booked up a year. I knew if I was pregnant there was no way it was possible to be placed on a waiting list. I asked if there were any other doctors in their office with openings for new patients. I had advised her that I was most comforatable seeing a woman. She gave me two names to choose from. I asked her to make a recommendation. Well, she could not have recommended a better doctor for me!

This doctor was perfect! She was sweet, attentive, and was not judgey, like some can be about overweight women and when we lost Nehemiah she could not have been more wonderful!

I continued seeing her annually and even after my 4th pregnancy. She was awesome all the way through. 

Well, just a few days ago I opened a letter from her that she was "retiring from active practice immediately". When I read that sentence my heart stopped beating for a moment and tears filled my eyes! After the sting wore off a bit, I told myself I cannot change doctors! Who will I find? Then I thought, I did not get to tell her good-bye and I have not seen her since last May, couldn't she have waited until May to let me know she was retiring?

I hate change! I just cannot do it! Ok, I know I can, but I am really sad about it. I know we go through seasons and this is just one I will have to go through even though I do not want to. I just have to pray about it and I know the Lord will find me the perfect doctor, besides Himself of course.


No comments: