Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day!

Mother's Day, yesterday, was spectacular! 

Every year my mom treats my grandma, aunt, cousin, sister-in-love & myself to lunch at Texas Roadhouse. This year was no different.

Beforehand, my girls & I went to church & then I dropped them off to head out to my annual Mother's Day lunch. Afterward we went to my mother-in-love's house for a late lunch. We met our newest nephew & we had a great time together. 

I love Mother's Day! It reminds me of the precious beings I created, with the help of God of course. I love the little handmade cards I get from my girls. They always make me laugh, the spelling of certain words & the words they use to describe me & our relationship. 

God must have known what He was doing giving me these children because each one is special to me & I am in love with each one of them. I am not ready for my oldest, Andrea, to be in high school & before I know it, she will be starting college & possibly living on her own. When I talk to her about this & how I want to cry, she just says, "OH MOM! It isn't that serious!"

I guess in the meantime I will hold their hands & lead them through childhood for as long as I can. Or, I could invest in the lottery & when I win I can buy a huge mansion where my children & their future spouses & then their children can all live with me & I never have to worry about them ever leaving.... Ok, is that too much? What would Andrea say?


No comments: