Thursday, July 28, 2011

Family Game Nights

Oh how I L.O.V.E. Family Game Nights!

We bought a used Wii with our income tax & when we have a few extra dollars we go to the used games shop & buy a game to try out on game night. Or we play Yahtzee, which is my favorite game. I manage to win & I actually have no kind of strategy! That my friends is called L-U-C-K.

We eat junk food & play whatever game we can agree on. Usually someone gets their feelings hurt by the end of the night from losing & we have to call it a night. This is usually the same person who ribs those losing when they are in the lead. It is quite comical.

When I was a child & we played games, my dad cheated. Then that was passed down to my older brother. I have never mastered the art of cheating. The best I can do is when we play Uno & I lay down an extra card. I am sure my family is going to read this & be keeping a close eye on me in the future.

Not many people sit down to a meal together, much less have a game night. We have a small apartment so no dining table. However, we all sit together in the living room & talk about our day while we eat or watch a movie. We are together nonetheless.

We always ate dinner together when I was a child. We prayed before we ate & enjoyed small talk with dinner. Then it was time for dishes & then bed. I am glad we did that when I was a child. It is that close togetherness that children need. I think it makes them feel loved & secure.

Family is all we have at the end of the day anyhow.


No comments: