Tuesday, May 31, 2011

SuMmEr TiMe!

Today marks the beginning of summer break for my girls & JD, even though school ended for him a few weeks ago. Now it is time for sleeping in, movie marathons, barbies, swimming pool time & staying up late.

I remember carefree summers. Granted it is nothing like it use to be. We stayed out late with the neighborhood kids playing hide-n-go seek in the dark & tag by porch light. I remember catching locus & collecting their dried skin stuck to the trees. Locus freak me out now though & we really do not have as many as we use to have. I wish my girls could enjoy those times with my 11 year-old self. Wouldn't that be something?

I love my hubby working part-time right now because he gets his own bonding time with his children. Granted, in a few weeks he may be begging for "free time"...lol! I love that he watches the baby when I am at work so we do not have to put him in the hands of strangers, aka daycare (it is that fear thing I talked about in my last post). I know with JD, Crispin is getting 100% of his attention & he is taken very good care of. I am a little jealous, but I know when JD gets done with school I plan to cut back on work to be with the children & hopefully get us all into volunteering somewhere.

I pray our summer is not filled with the dryness we have been experiencing right now, especially because of all of the fires we have been experiencing. They are talking about not having a firework show this year because of all the fires. Safety first!
I pray for each & everyone of you to have an awesome & safe summer.

No comments: