Thursday, July 02, 2009

SuMmEr TiMe....

As a child summer was my favorite time of year.

We either went camping or to visit relatives we did not normally get to see. I remember piling into the back of my dad's Toyota pickup underneath the topper, until we got a silver Buick that we would stretch out in the back seat of & my little brother would lay in the back window, & that is how we traveled.

We camped out in a tent. Sometimes my older brother would sleep in a hammock. We swam, fished, cooked out, roasted marshmallows & hot dogs & just have the best time ever. I have always wanted to pass this tradition on to my own children. Share stories by the campfire, roast marshmallows, swim & fish. I love sleeping in a tent & my girls do not seem to mind it a bit.

My parents purchased a camper trailer last summer, so we have taken advantage of going out camping as often as we can. Last summer we went to Palo Duro Canyon & an RV Park not far from Turner Falls & an RV park in Oklahoma City right before school started. This summer we have already stayed in Palo Duro Canyon & this weekend we are venturing out to Fort Richardson in Jacsboro,TX for the 4th of July. I know we are going to have a blast!

I hope everyone has an awesome & safe 4th of July!

No comments: