Tuesday, October 14, 2014

What Heals Your Heart ~ October 14th

I had some pretty dark days after my loss.

I begged God to let 6 months hurry and pass by so I could hurry up and "feel better".
                                          1). time did not speed by
                                          2). I did not "feel better" after 6 months

I thought my heart was going to burst it hurt so bad and I just wanted to forget everything that had happened to.

We had no real support in the beginning. Yes, we had family and friends to check in on us, but no one we know has ever been through what we had and everyone was on eggs shells around us. Not to mention we were drifting apart in our whirlwind of pain and grief.

The hospital has a group that meets, but only when they have enough sign up....(I got a call 3 years after my loss).

I went to theray alone and the woman only talked about the loss of her parents the whole time and after I felt like giving on ever getting the help I would need...until I got a call from the same woman that The Hope and Healing Place would be starting a group for parents like us called Heart Prints.

The sun came out and we have been healing ever since.



No comments: